Friday, January 15, 2010

The Start of Something New

The thought of taking my love of photography to a new level has been simmering in my brain for years now. But the time has never been right. First the extra time required to take pictures for other people wasn't a commodity that I had. An energetic pre-school boy plus twin girls drained most of my time, and just about all of my energy!

Then my boy started school, and there was a little extra time in my day, but there was no extra money in our bank account to purchase equipment to take that next step.

And then we moved, and it took me a while to get acclimated to the changes that being at least 4-hours away from our closest family entailed.

And then the girls started school, and the idea of "going pro" began to seem like a possibility.

Sure, there were all kinds of things still taking up my time, but the reality is that there will always be something taking up precious time. And why not spend some of that time doing something that I adore? Why not start building a business? Why not? And I couldn't come up with any honest reasons not to do this.



So here I am, world! Anne Zirkle Photography (original, eh?). Join me in my journey while I build my portfolio, and document my life and the lives of others through photography.


No comments:

Post a Comment