Thursday, June 30, 2011

the h family | family session

I was so glad to finally get to shoot this family's session! We've been talking about it for almost a year, and trying to pin down a date for nearly six months! Let me tell ya, this is one busy family!

We met at 7 a.m. at Jetton Park in Huntersville since the sun rises so early during the summer. The morning was beautiful, but that lovely NC humidity was already pretty strong, even that early.

We got started with some gorgeous, glowy light on the beachy area. I love the way Marc is looking at Johane in this picture! You can just see that he is totally smitten.




Julia was playing at the edge of the lake while I was snapping the pictures of her parents, and I couldn't resist catching her unawares.



I tend to prefer less "camera aware" pictures, but this one is still one of my favorites from the session. As Julia gets ready for middle school, and all that that entails, it is lovely to capture this mother/daughter connection as it stands at the end of elementary school.



Marc was so affectionate with his wife and his daughter, and every time I turned around I'd catch little moments like these. Just makes me happy. :-)



This is another one of my favorites. Who can't help but smile on a swing?



And here's the winner for the family portrait! I can't wait to see how it looks on the 16x20 canvas that they printed it on.



Oh, and Marc and Johane? You better hang on to your hats, because this girl is a stunner. Seriously, just beautiful. (And does anyone else see the resemblence with a certain Glee star?)




Thank you for the chance to spend a great morning with you all!

1 comment: